The Iplom story starts in Moncalieri (TO) in 1931 and this is where IPLOM gets its name: Industria Piemontese Lavorazione Oli Minerali (Piedmont Industry for the Processing of Mineral Oils). In 1943, the refinery is moved to Busalla and closer to the Po Valley. Today Iplom production is aimed at the Italian and international markets.
Iplom was one of the founder members of the Genova Association of Italian Industries in 1946 and we are also a member of:
UNEM (Energy Union for Mobility)
TICASS Innovative Technologies for Environmental Control and Sustainable Development)
OCIMF (Oil Companies International Marine Forum)
We also actively collaborate with the Università di Genova with research projects and professorships.